Do Things you want done
Do things because you want them done.
- Don’t do things because someone will praise you for it. You will be disappointed.
- Don’t do things because there is a reward waiting. You are incurring an unnecessary cost.
- I pick up a piece of litter. I did it because it annoyed me, I am happy that the litter is gone. If I had waited for someone to thank me, I’d be waiting a long time
- I lost 20 pounds. I did it because I felt I weighed to much. I don’t need “to treat myself” now that I’ve reached my goal. I just feel better knowing I weigh a better weight.
- I wanted my office to be blue, so I painted it. I don’t need to buy myself a present… the blue office was the present.